Polytechnic University of Turin (www.polito.it) was founded in 1906 and has its roots in the Technical School for Engineers created in 1859. It is internationally ranked among the most important universities in Europe for engineering and architecture studies, with 33,000 students (out of which 15% are international students coming from over 100 different countries).
The Polytechnic is a centre of excellence for education and research in engineering, architecture, design and planning and it works in close cooperation with the socio-economic system. It is a comprehensive Research University where education and research complement each other and create synergies in order to address the needs of the economic system, of the local community and, above all, of its students.
The Polytechnic is committed to a strong internationalization process of its teaching, research and technology transfer activities: not only does it work in cooperation with the best universities and research centres in world, but it has also been signing agreements and contracts with important international corporations, as well as local businesses, meaning to be for the latter a focal point for innovation.
The Materials and Processes for Micro and Nanotechnology group develops respectively materials and processes for micro and nano-technology together with related prototypes and applications of integrated microsystems with communication and data transfer protocols.
The activity of the Lab deals with the project and fabrication of silicon and polymer based microsystems, microsensors, Lab-On-a-Chip and nanostructures, fundamental research in material science, processes for micro and nanotechnology, electronic systems, wireless sensor networks, technological transfer, education.
The laboratory joins both technological and fundamental competences for the study of materials, processes and design of devices, circuits and systems for the fabrication of microsensors, MEMS and nanostructures. For further information www.polito.it/micronanotech.
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF TURIN