Effective on: February 23rd, 2022
The aforementioned websites refer to events/seminars/conferences organized or co-organized by Associazione NanoItaly, with a particular attention to the annual NanoInnovation Event, and other single events/seminars/conferences published and promoted in its own website (“Events”).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that we collect and how we use it depends on how you interact with us. The following provides examples of the types of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Account Registration: when you register for creating an account on one of our Sites, we collect your name, surname and contact information (i.e. email address). We also collect additional information relevant to your account, such as your organization, affiliation, country, city and other similar information. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. Associazione NanoItaly takes no responsibility for the reliability of this information and whether it has been kept up to date.
Conferences and Events: if you register on site for a conference or event, or to exhibit a poster at a conference or event, we collect your name, surname and contact information (i.e. email address). We also collect additional information, such as your organization, affiliation, country, city and payment information. We use these information to complete your registration, to process your payment of any registration fees (where applicable) and to send you regular invoice. We also have a legitimate interest in providing you with information and services associated with the event or conference. Associazione NanoItaly does not store any information about your credit card or any other type of payment, which you provide. The information is only used to finalize the payment.
Inquiries: if you send an inquiry or contact our team for support, we will collect your name, surname, contact information and any other content that you send to us, in order to reply. We have a legitimate interest in receiving and acting upon your inquiries or issues.
Making a Purchase: when you purchase a service (i.e. participation to our events as exhibitor, supporter, co-organizer, etc…) we collect your name, surname, contact information, organization, billing address and payment information. We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with services that you request, including to process your payments.
- HOW INFORMATION IS USED
- Identify you when you visit the reserved areas of Sites.
- Improve your use of the Sites.
- Communicate with you about information that you request.
- Create account efficiencies, such as a single customer record, and eliminate redundancies and duplication.
- Detect fraud or illegal activities.
- Improve the overall security and functionality of the Sites to make your visit safer and more productive.
- Provide you with information that we think is relevant to your areas of interest.
- Analyse and report on website usage.
- Manage our business relationships and for internal administrative purposes, such as accounting and recordkeeping.
- Comply with legal obligations, establish or exercise our rights, and defend against a legal claim.
- HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
- At your direction: We will share your information with other parties only IF you instruct us to do so.
- With third-party partners: We may share your information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create a conference/event. For example, if you register for one of our events organized with our partner AIRI (Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca Industriale), we will provide your registration information to them, but exclusively for uses relevant to the event.
- With your organization or institution: If you participate to our events/conferences, we may share your information with your organization, institution, or other affiliation.
- For legal purposes: We will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties, as needed within our reasonable judgment, to identify fraud; to protect and enforce our rights or the rights of our customers or related entities; in response to a subpoena, regulation, or other legal process; and when required by law.
Associazione NanoItaly uses the following types of data collection technologies:
- Necessary and Functional Cookies. Some technology is needed for the Sites to function properly. Because our use of this technology is needed as part of the Site, it is always active. Note that while you can set your browser to block this type of tracking, doing so may cause some parts of our Sites not to work.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics tracking technology is primarily used to obtain insight in order to improve the Sites. This type of technology collects information about how users interact with the Sites, such as which pages they visit, how often they visit, and what browser they are using.
You can control what types of cookies you wish to allow, delete, or disable through the settings in your browser.
You can make the following choices regarding your information.
- Access/change your information: Associazione NanoItaly strives to make sure that the information we maintain is reliable, accurate, and up to date. You can log into your account online to correct, update, or modify some of your information at any time. If our Sites do not permit you to correct, update, or modify certain information, you can directly contact us. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted or required by law.
- Delete your information: You may request that we delete your information. If required by law, upon request we will grant your request to delete your information. Because certain information — for example, your email address — is required to use the Sites, we retain such information as long as your account is active. Please note that in many situations we must keep information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, enforce our agreements, or for one or more of our other business purposes.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Associazione NanoItaly takes reasonable and appropriate actions to protect and prevent unauthorized access to your information and to ensure the integrity of that information.
While Associazione NanoItaly monitors the security status of its networks, it cannot guarantee that any transmission of data made over the Internet is totally secure. You have a responsibility as well to help protect the information you provide by keeping your account information confidential and not using unsecured or unencrypted networks.
- DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION
Associazione NanoItaly limits the use of information to ways that are compatible and relevant to the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized, or for which consent was obtained. We will take reasonable actions to ensure that information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
- RECORD RETENTION
- CONTACT INFORMATION
c/o Dip.to di Scienze di Base ed Applicate per l’Ingegneria
Sapienza Università di Roma
Via Antonio Scarpa, 16 – 00161 Roma (RM)
Contact person: Cristina Gippa
Phone n. +39 06 49766810